Heavy Duty Mechanic – CVIP
- Edmonton, AB
We are seeking a ticketed “On Road Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic/Millwright” to join the IVIS team to repair a fleet of HydroVac Trucks and related equipment. Mechanics will be expected to diagnose, repair, and maintain trucks, HydroVac equipment, and auxiliary equipment.
Mechanics must have experience working with heavy duty diesel equipment systems; electrical, hydraulic, and diesel engines. Strong electrical and hydraulic repair skills will be preferred. Experience working with HydroVac trucks will be given preference, however it is not totally necessary.
- Make recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement
- Repair the equipment in a timely and financially responsible manner
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety
- Be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
- Complete hazards, safety, and quality control assessments.
- Provides excellent customer service to maintain a positive company image
- Competently operate: Arc/Mig Welders, manual Lathes, Milling machine, benders, brake’s
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 3Q driver’s license preferred, 5Q minimum requirement
- Experience with safety, operation, maintenance procedures and manuals
- Ability to learn IVIS Construction Inc. core competencies regarding our products, installation techniques safety standards.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and undergo a criminal record background check, as well provide a driver’s abstract
- Must be bondable
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all duties of this position on an ongoing basis.
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Familiar with operating Flusher/HydroVac Truck tri-axle dump trucks (nice to have)
Training, Certificates, and Preferred Skills
- Red Seal Certification or Alberta trade certification preferred
- CVIP certification or willing to acquire certification
- Min 5 years’ Journeyman HD Mechanic required
- Min 5 years’ Industrial Millwright preferred
- Ticketed Welder (nice to have)
- Familiar with 2D/3D Design software (nice to have)
- Be a solution finder / Problem solver
- Ability to work with detailed schematics and transform it into actual product
- CSTS certification
- First Aid an asset
- IVIS Construction Inc. offers a competitive wages to their employees
- IVIS Construction Inc. offers a benefits plan, medical, dental and RRSP contribution
- Apply Online Now
- Or download the PDF Employment Application form and send it to Human Resources
- Please note that all fields are mandatory and must be filled out in full. DO NOT write “See Resume”. Failure to obey the instructions will result in your application being rejected and disqualifying you from employment with IVIS Construction Inc.