HydroVac/Flusher Truck Operator
- Edmonton, AB
Looking for an opportunity to grow, to be part of a progressive company that is going to make a difference? Would you like to be cross trained in other areas of the company to ensure year round employment?
IVIS Construction has a full time opportunity for the right person with a clean Class 1/3 driver’s license to become part of the IVIS Construction team. You will be working with a team of professionals providing sewer maintenance or construction for clients throughout Alberta. Your time will be split up between driving and working on the job sites.
- Operate sewer maintenance equipment, such as flusher/vacuum combination unit/hydro excavating and other similar equipment that may be used.
- Respond to and resolves issues from customers by unplugging blockages, making suggestions to prevent problem from recurring.
- Operate a GPS radio-equipped vehicle and completes complaint reports
- Provide excellent customer service to external & internal customers.
- Promote company to existing & new customers. Ability to problem solve (i.e.- identify problems and determine steps to resolve)
- Carry out daily lubrication needs and minor maintenance requirements on vehicles.
- Perform daily inspection of equipment and report any deficiencies.
- Perform related duties
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be bondable
- Class 1/3 Commercial Driving: 2 years’ experience
- Experience with safety, operation, maintenance procedures and manuals
- Ability to learn IVIS Construction Inc. core competencies regarding our products, installation techniques safety standards
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test, provide a criminal record background check and drivers abstract with 3 demerits or less
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all duties of this position on an ongoing basis. Perform manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 22kg
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Familiar with operating VAC-CON Flusher/HydroVac Truck (nice to have)
Training, certificates, and preferred skills
- CSTS certification
- Clean Class 1/3 driver license
- First Aid an asset
- Hours of work are 7:00 am to 5:00 pm + overtime when required
- IVIS Construction Inc. offers a competitive wages to their employees including benefits plan, medical, dental and RRSP contribution
- Apply Online Now
- Or download the PDF Employment Application form and send it to Human Resources
- Please note that all fields are mandatory and must be filled out in full. DO NOT write “See Resume”. Failure to obey the instructions will result in your application being rejected and disqualifying you from employment with IVIS Construction Inc.