Labourer – Class 1 Driver
- Edmonton, AB
Mom told you not to flush that…. Do you know what happens when you flush the toilet? Do you know where that nasty stuff goes? Are you the world’s greatest employee with a zest to learn new things? Looking for an opportunity to grow, to be part of a progressive company that is going to make a difference? Would you like to be cross trained in other areas of the company to ensure year round employment?
We have a full time opportunity for the right person with a clean Class 1 driver’s license to become part of the IVIS team. You will be working with a team of professionals providing sewer maintenance or construction for clients throughout Alberta. Your time will be split up between driving and working on the job sites.
- Ferry equipment and supplies from shop to job site(s) 20% to 30% driving.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of potable and wastewater systems.
- Ensure equipment is available and inspected.
- Complete hazards, safety, and quality control assessments.
- Provides excellent customer service to maintain a positive company image.
- Assist in maintaining all equipment in good operating condition by adjusting, cleaning, lubricating, storing and performing minor repairs as required.
- Out of Town Work (with hotel and daily per diem provided).
- Perform general labour duties and other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be bondable
- Class 1 Commercial Driving: 2 years’ experience
- Experience with safety, operation, maintenance procedures and manuals
- Ability to learn IVIS Construction Inc. core competencies regarding our products, installation techniques safety standards
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test, provide a criminal record background check and drivers abstract with 3 demerits or less
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all duties of this position on an ongoing basis. Perform manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 22kg
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Familiar with operating VAC-CON Flusher/HydroVac Truck (nice to have)
Training, certificates, and preferred skills
- CSTS certification
- Clean Class 1 driver license
- First Aid an asset
- Hours of work are 7:00 am to 5:00 pm + overtime when required
- IVIS Construction Inc. offers a competitive wages to their employees including benefits plan, medical, dental and RRSP contribution
- Apply Online Now
- Or download the PDF Employment Application form and send it to Human Resources
- Please note that all fields are mandatory and must be filled out in full. DO NOT write “See Resume”. Failure to obey the instructions will result in your application being rejected and disqualifying you from employment with IVIS Construction Inc.