January may have just started, but spring is just around the corner.
That means the spring freshet, which means rising water levels, clumps of compacted leaves and debris, and muddy silt and soil.
Managing how all that dirt and debris will affect your catch basin doesn’t exactly scream ‘April flowers bring May showers’ – but maintaining your catch basin is an important component of residential and commercial property care.
Yet, when it comes to maintaining the catch basins on your property, you might wonder whether it’s actually worth it to hire a professional catch basin cleaning company or if you should just take a Saturday to do it yourself.
The answer? Hire a professional. Here’s why:
Top Benefit #1: Years of Expertise
Effective catch basin cleaning requires specialized knowledge and skill sets that are hard for the DIY-er to match. Professional catch basin cleaning companies, like the team at IVIS, have the experience and training you need for a job well done. We can identify and address any issues that may arise during the cleaning process – like blockages or damage to the actual basin.
Reaching out to a professional saves you time, hassle, and works to prevent costly repairs down the line.
Top Benefit #2: The Right Equipment
A professional catch basin cleaning company will have the right equipment and techniques to get the job done quickly and effectively, such as vacuum trucks, power brushes, hydrojets, and more.
Most homeowners or commercial property owners don’t have access to this equipment, and cleaning your catch basin with just hand tools like rakes and shovels will easily take double the time and effort – not a great way to spend your valuable time off!
Ultimately, using the ineffective or incorrect equipment to clean out your catch basin takes a ton of time, and using professional equipment that you don’t have training for can have disastrous consequences.
Additional Benefits of Hiring a Professional Catch Basin Cleaning Company
In addition to expertise, proper equipment, and efficiency, there are plenty of other benefits to hiring a professional catch basin cleaning company. Let’s discuss:
- Professionalism: Working with a professional catch basin cleaning company with a good reputation ensures that the job will be done quickly and to a high standard. Professionals will have processes in place that ensure jobs are done right the first time.
- Safety: Cleaning a catch basin can be dangerous, especially if you’re not trained in using powerful suction equipment or if you don’t have proper safety gear. A professional team will have procedures and equipment to ensure they protect themselves and your property while on the job.
- Time-saving: A professional catch basin cleaning company will undoubtedly get the job done much faster than if you were to take the task on yourself in your spare time. Consider that an experienced team will have cleaned a catch basin on countless occasions and will have the know-how to strategize should anything go awry!
- Peace of mind: When you’re confident that your catch basins are in the hands of professionals, it can give invaluable peace of mind. With any property task, outsourcing to a professional team that gets the job done quickly and safely is much more efficient than trying to take it on yourself. You’ll have the bandwidth to focus on relaxation or other important tasks!
Choosing A Professional Catch Basin Cleaning Company
When it comes to selecting the right catch basin cleaning company for your needs and property, it’s always a good idea to engage a professional, but if the job is particularly severe – you’ll want to ensure the company you’re considering has the infrastructure to get the job done efficiently.
Let’s discuss a few tips for choosing the right company:
- Look for a company with a good track record and online presence. An active social media account, a put-together website, and good online reviews are all indicators that a company cares about their customer experience.
- Ensure the company in question is fully licensed and insured. Proper commercial insurance will protect you and your property in the event of any accidents or damage. A reputable catch basin company will be able to provide a certificate of insurance from their insurer with no issues.
- Your prospective company should ask clarifying questions about the job and provide a clear and detailed estimate ahead of your service.
Follow these guidelines, and you’ll be well on your way to finding a professional catch basin cleaning company that will help keep your property safe from flooding.
Connect With IVIS Construction Today!
For help with clearing your catch basin this spring, contact us at (780) 476-2626 or fill out our online form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!We’re on social media! Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on new blog posts, our hiring needs, and everything IVIS!